Over 900 Jefferson High School students and over 40 teachers devote thousands of hours of personal time to co-curricular activities each school year. We believe these activities enhance students’ academic lives and contribute positively to the overall experience at Jefferson High School. While not every student is capable of performing in every activity, all students can find some co-curricular activity in which they can contribute and receive benefits. We encourage all students to become involved!
Practice Permit Information
All student-athletes must have permission to practice granted by the activities office prior to practicing with any Jefferson athletic team. Please complete the athletics registration process through the link below—only online registrations are accepted. Only online registrations are accepted!
You must have a copy of your most recent physical to complete the process. If you need assistance obtaining a copy of a completed physical, contact your doctor’s office or the activities office. To be eligible to practice with a Jefferson athletic team, these two items must be completed and/or submitted through the Jefferson Activities Registration website.
Required documents include:
- Physical – to participate in school sponsored athletic activities, a student-athlete must have a current physical on file with the school. This physical must have been completed within the 12 calendar months. A 30-day grace period is allowed for insurance coverage purposes. If an athlete’s physical expires they will be unable to practice or compete until a new physical uploaded and on file on the Activities Registration site.
- Concussion Form – according to Iowa Department of Education policies, each student-athlete must have a signed Concussion Form on file. This must be completed each year and can be done by clicking the link below.
Jefferson athletic passes are now being sold online through Hometown Ticketing. You can now purchase your year-long athletic pass for $225 and/or a 10-scan pass for $40.
Jefferson All-Season Pass purchase will receive 4 admissions per athletic event hosted at Jefferson High School during the 2021-2022 school year. This will include an Activities Sticker for any high school-aged student (4 scans PLUS student activities pass). These passes are good at any event hosted at Jefferson HS at which gate admission is collected. They are NOT good at Kingston Stadium for sophomore and varsity football games. Discounted Kingston punch passes can be purchased separately at the Jefferson Activities Office (contact Jackie Simoens at 558-2148 for more
The 10-scan pass will allow admission to any home Jefferson event (non-S/V football at Kingston) and can be used 10 times. This is a $10 savings off of “pay at the door” admission prices.
Booster Club Information
Help support activities at Jefferson High School! Click the link below to learn more:
Coaches and Start Dates
Click the button below to download a PDF of coaches and start dates for 2021-22 activities.
Keep Up-to-Date on Jefferson Activities!
Use the Mississippi Valley Conference website to keep up to date on scores, schedules, calendars, rosters, directions, and everything else you need to know about Jefferson Activities!
To receive email and/or text updates, follow these directions:
- Visit the Mississippi Valley Conference website (click the button above)
- Click on “Cedar Rapids Jefferson”
- Go to “Notify Me” on the right side of the page
- Type in an email address and create a password, then click “Create An Account”
- Fill out the information and click “Save and Continue”
- Check all the activities you are interested in getting information for, then click “Continue to Next Step”
- Follow the directions to set up your notification preferences, then click “Save”
You can also click “Get the Mobile App” to get information about how to download the app on your device.